Tiles are one of the most common choices when it comes to our flooring and bathroom furnishing. Almost all of us know the importance of routine cleaning of tiles. But what about the grouting cement. Grout is an essential part of the tile installation and it also requires cleaning as well. Grout is comprised of porous white cement which can trap a lot of dirt and dust. Ignoring the cleaning of grout will result in a blackening of grout cement which can make your tile installation look ugly and dull.
Stains on the other hand not only harm the tiles but can also deteriorate the quality of grout cement as well. Staining fluids can sometimes permanently deteriorate the grout leading to damage and decolourisation. Ignoring the routine cleaning of grout can also compromise the overall integrity of the tile installation. So it becomes very important for you to clean the grout and get rid of stains as well. In this blog, we are going to provide you with a simple DIY for effective and deep cleaning of the grout cement. Follow the steps mentioned below and clean your grout yourself
DIY For Grout Cleaning
- You can use baking soda and white vinegar for excellent grout cleaning and grout stain removal results.
- First, start by making a thick paste of baking soda with water. Baking soda is an excellent cleanser which will clean the grout cement inside out.
- Now apply this paste on darkened grout on tile installation. Make sure you paste this paste well enough along with the grout cement. Let the baking soda paste completely cover the grout and reach the depths as well.
- Afterwards, you need to make a solution of white vinegar and warm water, both taken in equal parts. Pour this solution into an empty spray bottle.
- Then spray this vinegar solution extensively on the grout and baking soda paste. You will see the paste and vinegar will react to form bubbles. Wait for bubble formation to stop
- After the bubbling has stopped, take an old toothbrush and use it to clean the grout. Rub and scrub the grout cement and remove all the dust and debris trapped in it.
- Keep rubbing the grout with the toothbrush till you see the grout getting cleaned and restored to its original colour.
- After cleaning the grout with baking soda and white vinegar you should now clean the grout with water and a sponge.
- Pour some amount of water over the edges and grout of tiles and use the sponge to clean the grout effectively. Make sure you remove all the baking soda and dust and debris left on the grout.
- After cleaning the grout with sponge and water you may mop the entire tile flooring with simple water or detergent water solution.
- Baking soda along with vinegar will provide excellent grout stain removal results and will also help in cleaning the grout effectively and hygienically.
Tiles are not only a decorative item but they also provide strength and durability to our walls and flooring. We advise you to hire professional tile cleaning services frequently. Our company is a renowned name in the field of tile cleaning service. We provide our customers with all kinds of tile cleaning services at low and reasonable costs. We have a highly skilled and trained staff of Professional Tile Cleaners in Hobart. Equipped with all the latest tools and equipment, we can deliver the best and effective tile cleaning service for you in no time.