Do you know, carpets have become one of the most significant causes of itching and sneezing. The reason behind my proclaims is that most of the allergens love to hide under your carpet. Because the carpet is one of the safest and fruitful places for them.
Besides, carpets play a significant role in giving an elegant and awe-inspiring look. Well, it is quite natural that allergens are everywhere, even though they love to live in cleaner places.
So, you might be thinking that how or where they came from. The answer is simple, they came from both outside and inside your home. Probably, your shoes or windows might be one of the main reasons behind arrival and other pollutants.
Allergens and Their Effect:
You might not know that the most common allergens around your house are from your carpet. So, if you own a carpet then allergens have been enjoying their meals underneath your carpet.
The Most Common Allergens Are:
- pet dander
- microscopic insect parts
- Dust mites and mold
So, if you get affected by one of the above-mentioned substances then you might face contact dermatitis, allergic rhinitis or allergy-induced asthma.
Here are Some Other Symptoms:
- itchy, watery eyes
- the feeling of pressure in the chest
- scratchy, irritated throat
- itchy, runny nose
- itchy, red skin and coughing
- itchy, runny nose
- trouble breathing
- Breath shortness and hive
- scratchy, irritated throat
Relationship Between Allergens and Carpet
- Shockingly, the carpet is vacuumed daily might also harbor allergens in large quantity. Obviously, not all carpets tend to be a safe haven for allergens and other pollutantcs.
- As a matter of fact, the long pile carpeting including the frieze rugs or shags contains loose and long fibers. As a result, allergens have enough room to stick with places and mold the places to evolve.
- On the other hand, the short pile carpets have shorter weave or tighter, therefore, there is less space for allergens to hide. But it does not mean that they prevent allergens from evolving or sticking.
- The experts suggest that people should avoid wall-to-wall carpeting for combating allergens.
- Mostly, hard floors including wood, tiles and even laminates do not provide crannies and nooks for allergens to settle.
- Rather than setting up a stylish carpet in your house, the keep your carpet cleaners experts suggest going for the short instead of using the long pile carpet.
Tips for Allergy-Proofing
So if your carpet contains materials that serve as the basis of allergy for you, then try replacing that carpet. Get a carpet that best suits your living style and comfort zone. But, if you are allergic to pollens and other pollutants under your carpet, then see the below guide of allergy proofing. So the things that you need to ensure are:
- Vacuum the carpet once a week through a vacuum that contains high efficiency of HEPA filter. The HEPA filters have the ability to trap and remove allergens. So, buy a HEPA certified vacuum instead of standard ones.
- If you own a pet then make sure that your vacuum should have the ability to pick up pet hair.
- Try to reduce the moisture in your home, therefore, the mold and dust mites should not evolve.
- Instead of carpeting, go for rugs which you can wash in hot water easily.
- Steam carpet sanitisation once or twice in a month. And, let them dry completely.
- Use the similar deep- carpet disinfection methods that you do for other fabrics in your home.
- Make sure that the windows are closed during allergy season and even in the days when pollen and other pollutants are high.
- Last but not least, set up an air filtration system containing the HEPA filter.
The Bottom Line
It is quite natural that the common allergens love to make their safe heaven under your carpet. As a result, you get affected by various carpet anti-allergic treatments. For combating the evolution of irritants, try to avoid using long fibers including shag rugs. Instead, use low pile carpets to combat harbor of allergens.
Therefore, it is in your interest to remove the carpet, if you have allergies or asthma. As well as, try contacting the allergist for complete cure.
How to Get Rid of Allergens Through Professionals:
If you want to get rid of allergens and looking for the Best Carpet Cleaning in Sydney company to do the job perfectly in a timely manner. So, if you have someone who is suffering from allergies or asthma, then just call one of the best allergens removing service near you. Being the best house cleaning service, we have experienced house cleaners, who are the best in their field. We have professionals that use eco-friendly tools in removing allergens from your home. Contact us, if you want to enjoy a healthy life and get rid of pollens easily.